Thursday, June 11, 2015

An open letter in dedication to the life and memory of the American Dream

Dusty Rhodes passed away today at the age of 69 and one thing right now is going through my mind is a Bruce Springsteen song called Land of Hopes and Dreams, the lyrics that speak to me at this very moment  "Big wheels roll through fields and sunlight streams Meet me in a land of hopes and dreams"
He was a man way ahead of his time he truly was the champion for the working man. Heck that's why his WWE entrance song was called The Common Man Boogie. He described himself perfectly when he said "I've wined and dined with kings and queens and slept in back alleys and dined on Pork & Beans." His charisma was purely electric he was truly loved by the fans and also was truly gifted when it came to his in-ring work and abilities. But perhaps the thing that everyone will remember about him was that he was a teacher to all and was not afraid to help out the younger wrestlers especially those who are currently in or have gone through the WWE's developmental system. I never had the chance to meet him but I really wished that I had because if I did I would have told him thank you for everything that you've done and we are truly thankful for every single contribution that you've made to this industry known as professional wrestling.

I will keep your entire family surrounded in my prayers

I want to wish you a very peaceful rest and my sincerest condolences to your family

No comments:

Post a Comment